Saturday, February 11, 2012

Christmas in February

For Christmas last year I had the hardest time finding one last gift for Coby. I wanted to get him something really special, but it was December 21st and I was running out of ideas. I was cleaning up my scraproom when I came across the 'wedding album' I made him for our 6 month anniversary. He had given it back to me requesting I make him a new and better one. Can't say as I blame him...it was pretty horrible! But could I whip something up in two days before we exchanged gifts? Long story short I didn't finish it-so I gave him what was done with the promise I would get it done for him asap. And I was finally able to give it to him last night!
I used a Bo Bunny blank canvas album. The cover was done using masking tape and distress inks (Vintage photo and black soot). I found a great neutral paper pack from basic grey for the page bases all edged with black soot distress stain. Then I raided my stash for all the Tim Holtz I could get my hands on and had at it!

The chipboard tag was embossed with vintage photo emobossing powder and then inked with black soot.



The little tags are wallets of me with all the groomsmen. Since this album was for Coby I wanted to focus on us and his friends, although I did use photos with the bridesmaids as long as he was in it.
The little album holds the photos of Coby with his groomsmen. The grungeboard hinges were a gift from Becky over on sb.com!


He seemed pretty happy with it and glad to have it finally. And although I haven't done many 'guy' themed projects, but I have to say I love how it turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment