I have finished my first week at Archivers and I have to say it is brilliant! I have had so much fun, I've met quite a few new people and have learned so many new techniques-look for those coming up somewhere down the road.
Today though I have the mini album and the new addition to share with you from the Cigar box and mini album swap I'm participating in over on sb.com. The first half of this project can be found here. The cigar box alteration I kept pretty simple, just adding some fibers around the base to give it a more finished look.
I created a paper bag mini album using the Once Upon a Springtime collection from Graphic 45, accenting it with coordinating cardstock and vintage photo distress ink, along with a bunch of fun fiber from my stash.
The flowers on the album cover were fussy cut and adhered with foam squares to add a bit of dimension. The hanging sign was cut using chipboard and embossed and inked and painted for a wrought iron look.
I tried to add several places and pockets for photos or journaling, the left page was created using the natural pocket formed by the bottom of the bag with a tag tucked under. I created another pocket using a postcard from the collection. On the right page I used one of the die cut from the paper pack to create another photo frame with a spot at the top to slide a photo in. The fairy was fussy cut out and the wings were painted with Creative Imaginations luminarte in Pearl.
The frame on the left was from Michaels Recollections, I cut out an image of a fairy to put behind the window along with some of the floral vines from the paper. The pocket on the right was stamped with the Toil and Trouble collection by Girls Paperie with bronze adirondack paint dauber.
I fussy cut the pocket out of the paper and accented it with glossy accents. The butterflies on the right were also from recollections and I hand painted each one to match the papers in the kit.
The fiber on the left was dyed using Ranger Ink Color Wash in Stream, I had problems with the sprayer so I added a few drops to a bowl of water and left the fiber to soak and dye overnight. The result was a great muted color, a quick rinse in cold water set the color. The right page has room for a photo on the front of the pocket, as well as on the tag.
The Tim Holtz birdcage on the right page was painted with bronze adirondack paint. The little charm was a gift from a swap ages ago, and I used more recollections flowers.
The page on the left has two doilies that were colored with distress inks, (crushed olive, tumbled glass and vintage photo) and create a pocket for another tag. The right hand page was another created using the flap of the paper bag for a pocket.
I created the pocket on the right page by punching with my EK Success Paper Shaper tulip edge punch, and the butterfly, also from Recollections, has a glossy accent trail.
The back of the album just has some Tim Holtz flourishes to finish it up, I have a few fussy cut shapes that I'm debating on adding, but for now I'm quite happy with how this album has turned out and I really hope my partner enjoys it!