Sunday, April 22, 2012

Mother Earth

In honor of Earth day I wanted to post this page created for the Darker Side challenge over at  Scrapbook.com.  The theme this month was 'earthy' and the first image that popped into my head was a greek goddess type figure.  This image was found at my favorite artwork website The Sum of all Crafts.


To create the background I first distressed the edges with water, black soot distress ink and a scissors for the deep tears.  Once dried I stamped the paper with bubble wrap and a mixture of brown and gold acrylic paint.  I than masked with the negative image of the Tim Holtz Branch Tree bigz die. 

 After the background was complete I printed the image on tissue paper and adhered it to the background with matte gel medium.  To prevent the image from smearing I reversed it prior to printing so the ink was on the backside but my image still faced the direction I wanted.  

Once everything was dry I added the leaves and metal butterfly from Graphic 45 and spritzed the entire page with heirloom gold Perfect Pearls.  The title used the same paint as the background and was done using Tim Holtz grungeboard letters.  'Earth' was made using a BoBunny alpha sticker sheet from the Et Cetera line.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look!

2 comments: