Friday, March 29, 2013

Canvas, and Mists and Tags. Oh Maya!

Happy Friday everyone!  It is finally warming up here, the snow is melting and we are looking at getting to the mid 40s today!  But my absolute favorite sign that Spring might be sprung is the return of the robins.  We have a lovely mother who has nested under our deck for the last few years and it is just amazing watching her chicks grow. 

In celebration of the return of Spring and the robins I have a new mini album to share with you!  I've been planning this one for several months now, ever since I had the chance to work with the wonderful Lisa Pace for Maya Road at ScrapFest last year.  The cards they created in class were exquisite and I went away so very inspired.  So armed with a pile of new Maya Road goodies I gave it a go and this was the result!

I started with one of the blank canvas albums from Maya Road and covered it in a variety of mists, Tattered Angels, Heidi Swap, Mister Huey's, Maya Road, Lindy's Stamp Gang and October Afternoon, so each page came out a little differently.  The cover I used a Prima mask with Modeling Paste mixed with acrylic for the bird.  The metal bird cage was misted with a metallic mist to add some color in the indents.



 This album really took its own shape, when I started out I hadn't intended it to be done in greens and blues, but as I was working on it I decided to just let it take me where it wanted to go.  The heart on this page was actually taken from the Maya Road card class at ScrapFest, it was one of my absolute favorite aspects of the cards.

 I used some of Faber Castell's Gelatos for stamping and coloring on the canvas, the colors are so beautiful and I just love how well they blend using just a baby wipe.

The papers used throughout the album are from My Mind's Eye using the 6x6 Breeze paper pack.  The colors and theme fit absolutely perfectly with the album! 

 I used a mini canvas I had laying around to create the altered canvas on the left page, it was great fun playing with all the different mediums, Rock Candy crackle paint, distress inks, more mists and gesso.  I love the final look of it. 

I had a hard time not having tags and pockets in my album.  But Maya Road has some fabulous envelops, in different sizes, which I used these throughout my album for tags and photos or notes.

 The canvas of the album was a really great blank surface to work with, embossing and painting really well, and it really makes the colors of the mists and gelatos pop.

I used bubble wrap to stamp with gold acrylic paint, the effect was so pretty I had a hard time covering it up, but the bike ended up being a fun addition, that allowed the stamping to still show.

I'm hoping to get a tutorial for the mini canvas up in the near future, life and weather permitting-but for now my next big project needs to be cleaning up the mess that has taken over my scrap studio between all my projects recently!  Have a wonderful Easter weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment