Wednesday, March 13, 2013

There's no place like home...

It has been oh so long my lovelies, but several obligations have cleared up in life leaving me with more free time and the ability to fill up that free time with all sorts of crafty fun!  And I thought my first day post back I would share with you the mini album I made for a friend for Christmas.  I wanted to showcase our time together at Scrapfest 2011 using Graphic 45's wonderful Magic of Oz line.  

I used the Bo Bunny edgy album from the Et Cetera line-which I absolutely loved the variety of shapes that the album provided to work with.  Some were covered in patterned papers while other pages were left bare.  All of them though were inked with black soot.

I filled the album with tags and pockets, using a lot of alcohol ink and acetate, along with a lot of fussy cutting.

For the front cover I die cut a circle of acetate and adhered the cut out of Glinda behind it with glossy accents to give her the appearance of being in her bubble, while the hole on the front cover was backed with acetate that had been alcohol inked.  This allowed the back of the pp on the next page to show through a bit.

That little tin man was a real pain to cut out, but he turned out so cute it was  worth it!

Behind the tag on this page I have a cut out of the wizard in his balloon, to try and create a stylized look of clouds I alcohol inked the edges of the acetate pocket.

I just had to use the feet of the wicked witch of the east so this was one of my favorite pages to work on. I used grunge paper on the tree and cut it out with the Tim Holtz Branch Tree die cut.

 I really wanted to use the character tags as the background of the page but wanted to use one of each character, so I cut them out individually and layered and inked them adhering them down with matte mod podge.

Katie wore her own pair of ruby slippers to the Graphic 45 class so I thought it would be the perfect page to break out one of the stamp sets for the last two pages using the yellow brick road in scattered straw.

The back page was a lot of fun to work on also, I traced the album design on the back of the poppy paper and cut that out then spent more time than I care to admit fussy cutting out all the negative space between the poppies.  The background was inked with black soot distress stain before having the poppies adhered over using the mod podge again.

Thanks for stopping by and bearing with me as life falls back into place!

No comments:

Post a Comment