Thursday, May 12, 2016

Every Artist

Today I have a project that I've been working on for awhile, it was inspired by the beautifully talented Gabrielle Pollacco.  There is a quote that I wanted to put in my studio for ages, but I wanted to do it justice.  I had just started my journey into mixed media and was certainly scared about it not working out.  But when I saw this video tutorial it was the kick I needed to get started.

When I first started it I was terrified about where it was going.  I didn't like the texture and the colors weren't looking the way I wanted them.  So after sticking it on a shelf for a good 6 months I finally had the confidence to finish it.


It has been so cloudy lately that I had to use my gross lights in my studio, so please pardon the glare.  The quote reads 'Every Artist was first an amateur'



I colored the gems with alcohol ink and used perfect pearls to create a halo around them.  So much sparkle on this project!


I used Lindy's Magicals on the flowers to add even more shimmer-super bright and pretty in person.

Overall I am extremely happy with how it turned out-while I closely followed a lot of Gabrielle's ideas it was a great way to stretch my creative legs and gain more confidence in my own work.

No comments:

Post a Comment