Sunday, May 15, 2016

Happy NSBD!!! (A bit late...)

I hope everyone had a fantastic National Scrapbook Day!  We had a parade for the Renaissance Festival then I worked in the afternoon, so I had very little time in my room.  But I was still able to get a few projects done for a couple challenges over at Scrapbook.com.

The first was for their Pet challenge, and I decided to use the last photo I took of our dear Jewel who passed away a couple of years ago.  While she isn't actually in the photo, it commemorates the spot that she passed away-her favorite spot in front of the couch.  


The second is for their color challenge, I think the colors lost something in translation, but it appeared that they were pink, light and dark purple, and green.  I decided to do a spread in my art journal.  


I used modeling paste as well as soft gel mixed with silver micro beads for some texture.  I love how the color mixed with the soft gel and micro beads.

My final project was one I had the most fun with, for the mixed media challenge.  I really wanted to see how colors react on black, and to channel my inner Finnabair-such an inspirational lady!


Stay tuned for a full post on this in the next few days!



No comments:

Post a Comment