Thursday, September 18, 2014

Fall is in the air

The leaves are starting to change here in Minnesota and the smells and colors are just intoxicating-I absolutely love this time of year.  During lunch last week I was catching up on one of my favorite blogs and I found this little gem on Tim Holtz's blog.  The colors, the die cut, the over all project is so beautiful and one of my scrappy lady friends mentioned she had ordered the die-and bonus she got it in time for our scrappy Saturday.  So what else can we do but re-create our own wreaths.

We pulled out a variety of stains, I used Aged Mahogany, Ripe Persimmon, Spiced Marmalade, Rusty Hinge, Scattered Straw, Crushed Olive, Peeled Paint, Forest Moss, Vintage Photo, Tea Dye along with Tarnished Brass and Antique Bronze.  I inked all the edges with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink.  You really need to layer up the ink and dry between layers to really get the vibrant colors.


I can't take credit for the design, but I did add some of my own touches.  I used a smaller wreath for my base so only using the larger leaves looked a little out of proportion, so I used a mix of the layered leaf, tattered leaves (bigz and movers and shapers) dies.


I also added a bit of burlap to the bow, it doesn't show as much as I would have liked, but I love how it is peaking out a bit!


All that is left is to figure out where to hang my new fall wreath!   Enjoy this beautiful weather friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment