Thursday, September 4, 2014

Isn't that Scraptastic!

  I was on such a role getting pages mapped out for our trip to Disney, but now I'm having more luck playing Draw Something than I am in my scraproom.

To fill the silence until I finish up one of the several projects on my table I thought I'd share with you my proudest scrappy moment to date.  Those who know me know how enamored I am with Graphic 45 paper-any and all of their paper lines are just must haves in my collection.  

I contacted Graphic 45 via their website with the suggestion of a Wizard of Oz or Gone with the Wind line way back in the day. I heard back from them but nothing more than a 'thank you for your suggestion, we appreciate your support'.  Ok, so it was a little more personal than that, but you get the idea.  A month later they spilled the beans about their newest collection, The Magic of Oz. I figured it was just a coincidence-I didn't think a paper line could be produced in such a short time.


That September I was lucky enough to take The Magic of Oz class with Diane Schultz and her daughter Aimee Filimoehala, and it was during this class I learned that it was my suggestion that lead to the creation of the line!

At the end of the class Diane presented me with this beautiful plaque that they had created for the summer CHA, I felt so honored by their gesture and now have it displayed proudly in my scraproom!  Diane was kind enough to sign it for me and she wrote a beautiful message on that back of it, just another reason to fall in love with this wonderful company!


I must say, if you ever have a chance to take a class with Graphic 45-I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment