Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Dreaming

With Halloween just around the corner, I've been busy working on my costume, it is mostly finished and I adore how it has turned out!  Photos to come on that after Friday!  In the meantime something I've been working on when I haven't been sewing...

I love unexpected twists, when I began this spread in my journal I had something else in mind completely but as I was adding my layers the page took itself in a whole different direction.  The colors and stars ended up giving the page a very dream like quality so I just kind of went with it.


The photo had a very sharp edge to it, and I wanted to blend it in a bit more to the background.  I had some light tissue paper that I had intended on using as clouds on the page, however when I used gel medium to adhere them down they were kind of lost on the page and I couldn't really see them, so I used them at the bottom of the photo to soften the edge.


The stars were done using a Memory Box stencil and some homemade texture paste-I just love how the mists pool around the texture. 


The last detail was to add a few butterflies from BoBunny's Gabrielle collection, the colors were perfect for this page and I really love how they add to the dreamy feel of the page.  They were outlined in a grey gelato to give them a bit of pop, I loaded up my brush to give them a nice water color look.

Next up...a tribute to one of my favorite characters from one of my favorites shows!

No comments:

Post a Comment