Thursday, October 30, 2014

Seasonal fun

Good afternoon my lovelies!  Fall has lasted so long here in Minnesota, and outside the window of my craft studio I'm seeing our beautiful little maple in all its fall splendor.  My husband even brought me a beautiful leaf he found.  What perfect inspiration for a new project!  I happened to find a pack of 5x7 canvas boards sitting on a shelf at the local craft store-that was all I needed to get going!  That and some Halloween fun...

Love these crazy ladies and their antics!

Over the next few hours I had a great time letting these panels evolve.  And there really is nothing like getting your fingers inky!

All four panels, they will eventually be mounted to matting of some sort and framed, either like this or in a square-thoughts on that?

Spring-lots of light greens and yellows with a touch of pink for those fun spring flowers that we love seeing

Summer, the bright rich greens with a dash of yellow for those dandelions that I secretly love!  


Fall, with its beautiful rich colors, it really is my favorite time of year.


And finally winter...while there are no leaves on most trees during the winter this is probably my favorite of the panels, I love the coolness of it and the glimpses of the pattern paper that can be seen through the gesso.

 Here are a few close ups of  a couple to give you an idea of the texture and colors.  I just love the mottled look of the leaves.


Thanks so much for stopping by-and happy early Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment