Monday, May 21, 2012

A productive weekend!

I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend!  I certainly did-it was my weekend off at Archivers, not only that but I had today off as well!  Since I work 4x10s at my 'big girl' job I always have Monday's to myself, but since I started at A's I've worked every Monday-not that I mind I have gotten to know a lot of regulars that way.  But this was the first weekend that I had no obligations for 3 days in a row.  I had forgotten how amazing time to yourself can be!

Not only did I feel no pressure to hurry with pages the mojo just seemed to flow!  I have a few mini albums on my desk but I opted to work on whatever struck my fancy and I finished 4 pages from start to finish and have two that would have been finished if it weren't for running out of cardstock.  Not to shabby for someone who generally takes 4-5 days on one page!

So I thought I'd share with  you the completed pages from this weekend!  Nothing super fancy with these pages, just the usual distressing and fussy cutting-which seems to have become a staple on my pages lately.


The first was created for the Fashion challenge over at sb.com, my darling little niece-although not even three yet has definitely developed her own ideas about fashion.  She was out shopping with mommy and daddy wearing her favorite polka dot leggings, a matching striped dress and sweater and carrying her favorite pink poodle purse! 

 I'm not a  huge fan of negative space so this page was definitely difficult-but I'm somewhat satisfied with the results of it!


This page wasn't created for anything in specific, I just adore this photo of my niece and her dampa, my dad.  The photo was taken in my parents' picturesque backyard.  I used the new Little Miss line from BoBunny, I just love the colors of this line even though the eyeless girls kind of creep me out.  That didn't stop me from buying two of every sheet!


I created this page for the Darker Side challenge over at sb.com using mostly papers from the Scraps of Darkness april kit.  The ostrich feathers were also from that kit.  The theme this month for the challenge is musicals-which you would think would be so easy for me-but I had such a hard time narrowing it down, and when I did finally  pick a song I didn't have a photo that worked with my idea-so I opted to use this image from Van Helsing and the title 'Masquerade' from The Phantom of the Opera.  


Back in 2002 the Mall of America featured memorabilia and a reproduction of the set from 'I Love Lucy'.  One of my all time favorite TV shows-it was such a fantastic experience being there and seeing some of actual costumes and set pieces.  I've been wanting to scrap this photo for ages and it just worked so perfectly with the Bo Bunny Welcome Home collection, and the design actually came to me in a dream which resulted in me up scrapping at 3:30am.  

And that was my weekend...sadly back to the real world tomorrow!  

1 comment: